Monday, February 18, 2008

A Drink and A Thought

While indulging in my White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks, I decided to read “The Way I See It,” conveniently placed on the side of my cup.

"So-called "global warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko treehuggers
to make America energy independent, clean out air and water, improve the fuel
efficiency of our vehicles, kick-start 21st-century industries, and make our
cities safer and more livable. Don't let them get away with it! --Chip
Giller, Founder of Grist.org


Sarcasm at its best, I do believe. Chip Giller, as I later researched, as the Founder of Grist.org brings to their readers a sense of humor in news. As Global Warming and the thought of our environment going in the wrong direction bring a sudden downpour of depression upon anyone with a conscious, Giller provides interesting and hopeful journalism. After reading some articles on the website about the politicians and their views and ideas about global warming, I realized that this could sway my vote for our new President.

I do not believe that Grist is biased toward a particular candidate but that is up for the rest of you to decide.

Do you think a politician’s view on our environment would help sway your vote in the upcoming election?

No comments: