Monday, February 4, 2008

Let's Travel

Top 10 Eco-Friendly Destinations

Part 1: Bottom 5 of the List

6. Rainforest Hike to Middleham Falls & Ti Tou Gorge with Ken’s Hinterland Adventure Tours – Dominica
7. Sadie Cove Wilderness Lodge – Kachemak Bay State Park, Alaska
8. Volcano Trekking at Gunung Batur – Gunung Batur, Bali
9. Strokkur Geyser – Geysir Center, Iceland
10. Canopy Tour – Quepos, Costa Rica

After going to the website and reviewing the bottom five on the list and reading their descriptions I would like to say that the Canopy Tour (#10) would have to be my favorite eco-friendly spot so far. It seems surreal. Plus I’ve never been to Costa Rica but I hear it’s fabulous.

My second favorite in the bottom 5 would have to be the Sadie Cove Wilderness Lodge. The owner built the lodge out of driftwood. There had to have been numerous amounts of hard work. These places range throughout our whole planet. It is nice to see that just because we are on vacation, doesn’t mean that we have to waste energy and resources!

These bottom five are places that seem eco-friendly as well. Alaska, Iceland, Costa Rica, Bali, and the Dominica are places where wilderness and land thrives. Whereas most of the United States we are surrounded by buildings and roads. Not all of the U.S. but some.

Top 5 coming soon!

2 comments:

R.C. Price said...

I like the detail about the wilderness lodge. Although, it would be nice to know WHY these vacation spots are eco-friendly.

Michelle F said...

You're right. It would be nice to know why these spots are eco-friendly. Unfortunately that information was not given to me. And I could have researched it further, this I know. I do believe however that there comes a point in a blog where there is too much information for the reader to consume. If you like a particular spot I mentioned and are curious about it then the internet is at your fingertips. I am just trying to guide you to a few ideas.