Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pack your bags!

Part 2: Top 5 eco-friendly destinations.

5. Celestun Biosphere Reserve – Yucatan, Mexico
4. Artisans D’Angkor Silk Farm – Siem Reap, Cambodia
3. Napo Wildlife Center – Quito, Ecuador
2. Sea Turtle Watching in Rekawa – Rekawa, Sri Lanka
And #1… Drum Roll Please!....
1. Buck Island Reef National Monument – St Croix, US Virgin Islands

So I’m not sure if I have the guts to visit all of these places. I know I would definitely go to Sri Lanka because there is a lot of gemstone mining there. I’d like to find a nice big rock! The US Virgin Islands is recently visited place from a relative of mine. They loved it there and said it was beautiful. I can only imagine.

Perhaps for a honeymoon I could go to the Virgin Islands. I’d even consider Yucatan, Mexico. There’s a beautiful picture on their website of flamingos in Yucatan.

The point is if you want to go on vacation to a place you’ve never been before you should look into trying one of these ten. It would be so surreal to visit one of these places and see how they live without internet access every where you go. No television or very little for that matter, no huge SUV’s polluting the air, not nearly as much pollution as we have here in the United States.

No comments: